Growing up, I always wondered what would the world be like without the inequalities. The thought, as impossible as it might sound, always had a place in my heart. I always aspired to bridge the gap between the two parts of the world; the privileged and the neglected part. After joining Riayat, I realized that my dream can actually come true. Riayat gave me the platform to do the seemingly impossible.
The story of Riayat LUMS Chapter is different than that of any other society. The society was formed just months ago; before that, a bunch of passionate people from LUMS that includes our current Executive Commitee worked day and night to make their dreams of an equitable world come true. We started off with a community center at Gohawa Village, located in the suburbs of Lahore. We did not want our idea to be confined to one community center only, and hence we decided to form Riayat LUMS Chapter. The main objective of the Riayat LUMS Chapter is to promote urban planning in a way which promotes inclusive economic growth, greater civic engagement and sustainability. The society would hope to achieve this through various interventions in the current urban planning landscape.
Let's join hands to make this world a better place for all of us, equally.
President | Riayat LUMS Chapter
To produce future urban planning leaders that are committed to promoting sustainable and inclusive urban cities.
The vision will sustain through the effective training and exposure of society members, through our various projects. The goal of this society would be to provide people an opportunity to work in the developmental sector and engage with relevant stakeholders during their time at LUMS. As many students in LUMS want to pursue their careers in the developmental sector after graduation, hence the society would be a great platform for them to gain valuable exposure, hence making them a source that sustains the society's vision.
To promote inclusive and sustainable urban planning throughout Pakistan
Our Core Values
- Promote inclusive and sustainable urban planning throughout Pakistan
- Work with relevant stakeholders in order to reduce urban inequality within the immediate community, and other parts of Pakistan
- Nurture the concept of civic engagement within the youth of the country, so that they can take initiatives to help solve urban problems
- To engage the community of LUMS with the underprivileged community surrounding LUMS in order to ensure the mobility of knowledge, opinions and facilities.
- Work on the economic and social empowerment of underdeveloped communities in our urban centers