The foundation of LUMS Literary Society is built on three principals:
LLS is not just a society working for promotion of literature in LUMS, but also a family that stays together during all ups and downs. Here we celebrate each other’s joys and share each other’s worries. It is a place where you are recognized based your talent and dedication. Here we tend to create a platform that provides everyone with equal opportunities to express ideas and make an impact.
Shaikh Abdul Gaffar,
President | LLS
LUMS Literary Society stands firm on the foundation to promote and restore the lost remnants of literary essence in their purest form, and to convey them to the interested masses. With the vision to revive the art of reading with passion, the society aims:
• To encourage creativity through imagination
• To augment the students' writing and linguistic skills
• To scrutinize the delicate tinges of various facets of literature
LUMS Literary Society intends to support an appreciation of reading, involvement in engaging discussions, thoughtful considerations of literature and creative writing, as activities which have valuable effects on the society. LLS is devoted to promoting effective communication skills among the students; the society is poised to enable the abilities with cutting edges to develop and polish their literary skills. The society is ambitious to inspire the students to develop a taste for literature and at the same time realize the direction of expanding their horizon of spoken and written languages. The society's involved schema includes a variety of activities aimed at fostering up the confidence and grooming the aptitudes of students in confronting various interactive challenges and competitions.
Additionally, overlooking the literary aspect, the society intends to provide a common ground to form new acquaintances, foster confidence, exchange views, and to encourage a friendly banter to endorse the beauty of different ideas.
LUMS Literary society is an independent professional society, open to scholars, literature admirers, teachers and students around the country. It subsists predominantly to expedite the attempts of a nationwide audience to encourage the efforts of Pakistani writers and artists, budding and professionals alike. The society welcomes the contribution of all who produce content for the study and hopes for productive collaboration between scholars, artists and literary enthusiasts. The LLS as a student run society upholds the primacy of the Pakistani peoples in shaping the future of Pakistani literature and actively supports the Pakistani talent in their quest for achieving literary hallmarks.
Our Core Values
- Accessibility: LLS welcomes all the aspirers of literature, whether they are budding talents in the field or professionals. No matter their age, experience or education, our mission, and vision instills us to facilitate and stay accessible to all the literary addicts across Pakistan.
- Teamwork: Our teamwork is what defines us. Whether it be for support or inspiration, our success lies in the team solidarity. Our workshops engage students, scholars, and peers in deeply collaborative relationships. We seek opportunities to explore other arts and media with regional and national partners.
- Creativity: We discover evolving genres and talents, nurture novelty, and embolden experimentation.
- Community: Writing and reading are primarily solitary pursuits when it comes to literature. LLS provides a place and essence for fellowship among operational and aspirant writers. We offer the readers distinctive ways to discover the writer’s style. We summon everyone who values arts and culture to explore the written world. And we support the vibrancy and diversity of the Pakistani artistic culture.
- Discover: It is our firm belief that literature endows a greater understanding of self and others and thereby inspires consideration and harmony in our society.
- Merit: LLS is devoted to upkeep the highest potential of each literary aspirant, regardless of his or her goals and talents. We are dedicated to increasing mindfulness of regional and national artists producing high-quality work.
- To provide a platform through multiple events, talks, sessions, and discussions where the LUMS community can revamp the lost interest in literature.
- Aspire to assist the young writers by providing them an informal space such as Zauq.
- Providing a place to grow & polish writing skills
- Have fun along with work.
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: LUMS, DHA, Lahore Cantt 54792, Lahore, Pakistan