In today’s world where history is being made every day with interesting events happening with direct relevance to Pakistan, the main obstacle lies in the apathy of the citizens and their indifference and inertia to voice their opinion and call for change. Law and Politics society enables students to realize the importance of enquiry and questioning the status quo and to become productive citizens of the county by actively participating in its political arena.
The Law and Politics Society is a student organization aimed at encouraging active participation of students in the exchange of ideas and at creating a greater awareness of international and national political issues. Its purpose is to bring together all the students with interests in politics and law in order to help focus their approach and develop their professional interests. This society enables students to realize the importance of inquiry and questioning of how political systems work and will encourage participation in the political process. Finally, the society hopes to generate an atmosphere of political consciousness which promulgates a deep sense of civic responsibility.
Our Core Values
Commitment to excellence
LPS commits to its purpose and moto which is to enable students to realize the importance of enquiry and questioning and to become productive citizens of the county by actively participating in its political arena. Every member of the society, ranging from Executive council to team members and volunteers, gives his/her best to the work. We do not rest on our accomplishments, instead aim to build on them in our personal and professional journey to be the best version of ourselves. Our belief in excellence reflects our unyielding passion and commitment to work.
As per constitution of Law and politics Society, the Executive Council makes sure that all departments work efficiently and do it on time. A particular importance is given to accountability and the idea to take ownership of the work of the society. This helps in creating sense of reliability and personal responsibility.
Through our various events (moot court competitions, workshops and talks) as well as general body meetings, we ensure that all members work together irrespective of the departments they belong to. This helps promote unity and creates a strong bond across whole society. We try to support each other and make choices that put team before individual performance.
- To promote awareness and inquiry at all levels through weekly discussions and debates amongst students.
- To promote a sense of responsibility in the student body as an important constituent of political arena today in Pakistan.
- To keep a tab on all Law firms and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) in the field of politics and law so that students who are interested in interning or working with them can correspond with the companies/organizations they are interested in, for instance, if someone wants to pursue human rights law as opposed to corporate laws, they can access available information collected by the society in order to decide who and how to contact.
- Organize Moot Competitions and encourage and prepare students to participate in Moot Competitions to polish their advocacy skills.
- Publish newsletters that will include
- An update of the activities of the society for that semester.
- Articles and papers written by students on current political issues as well as invite contributions.
- A summary and review of the guest speakers that are invited by the society so that all can benefit from the information delivered by these guests.
- The newsletters may also include the best research article written that semester as “The Article of the Semester” in the newsletter.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: LUMS, DHA, Lahore Cantt 54792, Lahore, Pakistan