Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), one of Pakistan’s most prestigious educational institutions, is not only expanding its academic boundaries, but is also establishing itself in the realm of sports. Currently, the community of LUMS is involved in various sports activities under the leadership of the Office of Sports, Wellness and Recreation. Please see below, in the requested bullet form, information about athletics at LUMS:
- LUMS students participate in more than 16 sports: badminton, basketball, boxing, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rugby, handball, squash, table tennis, tennis, softball, snooker, weightlifting and volleyball.
- LUMS holds intra-school sports events and inter-university varsity tournaments throughout the year. These involve not only the students at LUMS, but also student networks outside the LUMS.
- The sports activities are not limited to competitive events. The Office of Sports, Wellness and Recreation takes as its responsibility the duty to provide and promote athletics and physical fitness for the entire Community of LUMS.
- LUMS has perhaps the most female participation in athletics of any university in Pakistan, with female teams existing in 12 different sports.
- Sports at LUMS (SLUMS) has established itself as one of the most active student sports’ bodies at the university level in the country by hosting various national level tournaments and more than 15 large-scale sporting events each year.
- LUMS’s athletic facilities are among the best of any university in Pakistan. These facilities include a sports complex, which houses male and female gymnasiums, four squash courts, an indoor basketball court, badminton courts, and an indoor volleyball court. Outdoor sports facilities at LUMS include two volleyball courts (including a beach volleyball court), tennis courts, and football, hockey and cricket fields. The use of the aforementioned facilities falls under the jurisdiction of Office of Sports, Wellness & Recreation (LUMS) and is fully equipped to accommodate the entire LUMS Community.