• All keys are the property of LUMS and given to residents for personal use only.
• Residents are prohibited from giving and/or loaning their keys to anyone for any reason.
• Any duplication of University keys is strictly prohibited.
• Students are provided keys for their room, cabinet, desk and side table.
• These keys must be returned to the Housing Officer on vacating the hostel.
• Duplicate keys are arranged by the Housing Officers on payment of a fine.
Key Replacement Charges
|Description||Charges in PKR|
|All keys||3,000 (applicable if five or more keys are missing)|
|Duplicate room key||1,000|
|Duplicate drawer key||500|
Late Fee Key Issuance Charge
Applicable for issuance of keys after LUMS official work hours, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. @ of PKR 2,000 per request
• Lost keys must be reported to the Housing Officer, who will order a new set from Facilities and Engineering.
• New keys may be picked up during office hours on the week days.
• The student will be charged a replacement fee for the lost keys.
• The fee is charged at the time of pickup.
• Students must present their smart card when collecting their new keys.
Return of Keys at Check-out
All Keys must be returned to LUMS at checkout.